Case Supervisor (MASH)
Based at: Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes
WHO WE ARE
North East Lincolnshire Council Children’s Services are committed to achieving the best outcomes for children, young people and families. We are looking for committed Social Worker Managers who share our ambition, as we genuinely care about the work we do and we want to achieve the best possible results for every child.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking experienced Case Supervisor who is interested in joining a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH). MASH is the front door to our Safeguarding Services within North East Lincolnshire and is a growing fast-paced team.
As a Manager within the front door, you will supervise and support the Senior Social Workers and Early Help Practitioners who are taking information from professionals and the public and identifying the correct levels of support for children and families.
You will have direct oversight of decision making, undertake quality screening and provide direct supervision to workers. You will be supported by the Team Manager who will offer oversight and supervision throughout your role.
- Qualified Social Workers with at least four years post qualifying experience working with Children and Families
- HCPC Registered
- An understanding of the importance of good people management and experience of supporting, guiding and mentoring others successfully
- Excellent recording skills with an eye for detail
- Sound decision making ability (even when there are areas of uncertainty)
- Planning, time management and organisational skills to manage both your own workload and to support others to manage theirs
- Positive, confident, innovative and enthusiastic individuals, undaunted by change or challenge, who are invested in their own development and that of others.
- Someone who will ensure that the child’s voice is always heard and will ensure it is taken into account in every assessment, plan and decision that is made
WHAT WE OFFER
- Committed to achieving the best outcomes for all children, young people and families
- Committed to reducing the demand for Social Work intervention and strengthening our early intervention input
- Excellent working relationships with Early Help Managers to deliver better services
- Award winning Practice Framework: Signs of Safety and Restorative Practice
- Strong Leadership and Management - our Leaders care about the job we do and the families we support
- Career Progression Pathways/Talent and Leadership Academy - we value your career with North East Lincolnshire Council
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to Research in Practice and Children’s Social Work Matters (Resources) through the Humber Social Work Teaching Partnership - our development matters
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of our support and intervention
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities throughout your career
- Ability to work in an agile and flexible way
- Friendly and supportive Social Work team, with excellent support from our Business Services
- Access to mentoring/coaching and employee assistance
- An excellent working environment in attractive, modern offices with a seafront location in a busy and vibrant east coast resort
- A competitive salary with generous holiday entitlement, excellent terms and conditions and opportunities for flexible working
- Payment of HCPC fees and a range of other staff benefits
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Salary sacrifice car parking scheme – park without problems
- Car Lease Salary Sacrifice Scheme – travel in comfort
This is an exciting time to join Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire.
If you are a qualified social worker and are interested in finding out more about our vision for the future, the jobs on offer or what we can offer you, then please contact Sarah Blanchard on 01472 325416