Social Workers (including Senior Social Workers)
CHILDREN’S SOCIAL CARE
SOCIAL WORKERS - INCLUDING SENIOR SOCIAL WORKERS
SALARY - £ 26,999 - £33,799
North East Lincolnshire Council, Children’s Assessment and Safeguarding Service
Based at: Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes
We are looking for a mix of Qualified Social Workers and Senior Social Workers to join our front-line protection team. We have a number of vacancies available.
WHO WE ARE
North East Lincolnshire Council’s Children’s Services are committed to achieving best outcomes for children, young people and families. We are looking for committed professionals who share our ambition and can bring something to the table to help us achieve it. We want people who genuinely care about the work we do and the people we serve and who want to achieve the best possible results for every child.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have a recognised professional Social Work Qualification (MA/BA/BSC in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CSQW)
- You want to work to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You can see the benefit of working closely with all professionals who contribute to the lives of children, young people and families and will always work in this way
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards
- You have knowledge and experience of Child in Need, Child Protection, Public and Private law (including adoption).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Committed to achieving the best outcomes for all children, young people and families
- Committed to reducing the demand for Social Work intervention and strengthening our early intervention input
- Excellent working relationships with Early Help Managers to deliver better services
- Award winning Practice Framework: Signs of Safety and Restorative Practice
- Strong Leadership and Management - our Leaders care about the job we do and the families we support
- Career Progression Pathways/Talent and Leadership Academy - we value your career with North East Lincolnshire Council
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to Research in Practice and Children’s Social Work Matters (Resources) through the Humber Social Work Teaching Partnership - our development matters
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of our support and intervention
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities throughout your career
- Ability to work in an agile and flexible way
- Friendly and supportive Social Work team, with excellent support from our Business Services
- Access to mentoring/coaching and employee assistance
- An excellent working environment in attractive, modern offices with a seafront location in a busy and vibrant east coast resort
- A competitive salary with generous holiday entitlement, excellent terms and conditions and opportunities for flexible working
- Payment of HCPC fees and a range of other staff benefits
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- car parking scheme – park without problems
- Car Lease Salary Sacrifice Scheme – travel in comfort
- Strong ASYE programme year with dedicated time to learn and complete paperwork
This is an exciting time to join Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire.
If you are a qualified social worker and are interested in finding out more about our vision for the future, the jobs on offer or what we can offer you, then please contact one of our Advanced Practitioners, Sasha Midgley on 01472 325555.
We will also accept CV's. If applying with a CV please email your completed CV and covering letter to: PeopleandCulture-General@nelincs.gov.uk