Social Worker Level 2 - Children's Services
Children, Families, Young People
About this job
We are looking to recruit Level 2 Social Workers into our Children’s Services teams. With opportunities across different services, you will independently manage caseloads working directly with children, young people and their families/carers.
The role requires a recognised social work qualification and relevant post-qualification experience and knowledge, including experience of complex case management.
You will be joining a dynamic and supportive service with fantastic training and career development opportunities where you will be supported by Team Managers and a committed Leadership team.
We have invested in our training and development programmes, giving passionate and committed individuals a range of career opportunities and the tools to further enhance their practice.
What we are looking for
If you are an experienced social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we need people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You have a recognised professional Social Work Qualification (MA/BA/BSC in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and are registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- You have relevant post-qualification experience working within a statutory Children’s Services setting and good knowledge of statutory and regulatory frameworks relevant to children’s care services
- You have experience of complex case management including Child Protection casework and court planning and are able to manage a complex and contentious caseload
- Experience of assessments and formulating and implementing care plans and are effective in engaging with children and their families
- When working with less experience colleagues, you are able to provide support, advice and guidance
- You can demonstrate knowledge in legislation and statutory guidance, Knowledge and Skills Framework for Child and Family Social Work and a range of social work interventions, methodologies and best practice
- You are able to make case presentations within a Court, multi-agency case conference and statutory panel context.
- You are able to effectively communicate with vulnerable children and can build rapport and relationships with children, their families/carers, your colleagues and other agencies
- You embrace partnership working and understand the benefit of working closely with all professionals who contribute to the lives of children, young people and families
- You are flexible to meet the needs of the service which may include working outside of normal office hours, transferring between teas if required and use agile working methods
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
To find out more about this role and to make an application please visit https://childrensservicesnel.co.uk/current_vacancies/social-worker-level-2/
We understand that you probably have lots of questions so please contact the link person for this role who is a qualified social worker and is happy to have an informal chat before you apply.
Team Manager CASS
About North East Lincolnshire Children’s Services
There has never been a more exciting time to work for North East Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services.
The turnaround in our service is being driven by a commitment and investment from the Council to transform the service and has resulted in a total overhaul of our structure, roles, and what our social workers need to deliver the very best service for our vulnerable children and young people.
As part of that transformation, we are looking to add to our team with the right people who share our vision and ethos.
To find out more about North East Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services, visit our dedicated website https://childrensservicesnel.co.uk/
Our commitment to you
North East Lincolnshire is an Authority where social workers are truly valued;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
To apply for this position, please visit https://childrensservicesnel.co.uk/current_vacancies/social-worker-level-2/