Youth Worker – Edge of Care Service
The post holder will be part of North East Lincolnshire Council's Edge of Care Service. The purpose of this service is to manage a varied case load of Children, Young People and their Families who are at risk of their families breaking down and needing alternative accommodation.
The aims are to:
- To provide intervention at the point of crisis with children, young people and their families to improve outcomes, raise aspiration and safely keep families together.
- To engage young people in activities as part of the family plan
- To support young people to contribute and to overcome barriers to positive engagement
- To promote and signpost to ensure access to relevant services which will support engagement
- Ensure that the voice of children, young people and families is evidenced in all case work and is taken into account within family plans.
- Maintain professional records and appropriate casework notes in relation to individual clients for the production of relevant reports and management information
- Be an advocate and support children and young people who are at risk of significant harm and ensure their wellbeing and safety is a priority
- To develop strong links with the range of support services in the locality
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated Youth Workers to join this important and innovative frontline service.
The nature of this role means you will have non standard working patterns with hours anywhere between 7 am to 10 pm Monday to Friday and some weekend work.
For more information, or an informal discussion, please contact Sarah Blanchard on 01472 325416 or email Sarah.Blanchard2@nelincs.gov.uk
DBS disclosure level: Enhanced