Counsellor – Edge of Care Service
The post holder will be part of North East Lincolnshire Council's Edge of Care Service. The purpose of this service is to manage a varied case load of Children, Young People and their Families who are at risk of their families breaking down and needing alternative accommodation.
The aims are to:
- To co-develop with the family and professionals a family plan that includes solution focused brief therapy
- To deliver family mediation
- To assess the suitability of counselling for adults and young people
- To have a good understanding of trauma for children and adults to support professionals in their part of the family plan
- To provide intervention at the point of crisis with children, young people and their families to improve outcomes, raise aspiration and safely keep families together.
- To identify and make strong links with additional/specialist support for families as required during the plan, as well as building these links for longer term sustainability
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated Counsellor to join this important and innovative frontline service.
The nature of this role means you will have non standard working patterns with hours anywhere between 7 am to 10 pm Monday to Friday and some weekend work.
For more information, or an informal discussion, please contact Sarah Blanchard on 01472 325416 or email Sarah.Blanchard2@nelincs.gov.uk
DBS disclosure level: Enhanced