Newly Qualified Social Workers (ASYE)
Are you a newly qualified social worker looking to make your first step into professional practice?
We offer an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) for newly qualified social workers that provides the necessary support needed for you to develop and improve your practice whilst co-ordinating your learning after university.
You will be joining a dynamic and supportive service with fantastic training and career development opportunities. As a small team you will have the opportunity to make your mark and make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children, young people and their families.
We are looking for
If you are a newly qualified social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we are looking to for people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
- You have a recognised professional Social Work Qualification (MA/BA/BSC in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and are registered as a social worker with Social Work England.
- You have knowledge of statutory and regulatory frameworks relevant to children’s care services and can demonstrate you understand the requirements of the Knowledge and Skills Framework for Child and Family Social Work
- You can manage, with support, a caseload using your own discretion and initiative and are able to analyse information and make sound, rational and proportional decisions based on this information
- Your organisational skills allow you to manage your time effectively including prioritising conflicting demands and work effectively under pressure.
- You are highly self-motivated
- You are able to effectively communicate with vulnerable children and can build rapport and relationships with children, their families/carers, your colleagues, and other agencies
- You have good interpersonal skills that allow you to effectively collaborate and work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders
- You are flexible to meet the needs of the service which may include working outside of normal office hours, transferring between teas if required, and use agile working methods
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people, and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
The role includes
As a Social Worker in your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment you will manage a caseload that is appropriate to your level of qualification and experience which could include the assessment, planning, implementation, and review of social work plans. Your work will be supervised and supported as you develop your practice and applying the skills and knowledge you have learned through your qualification.
You will be working directly with children, young people, and their families and carers, taking into account their wishes and feelings and promoting child and family resilience, with the goal of reducing dependence on services.
You will be expected to prepare and keep accurate records and case notes and ensure cases are closed promptly and effectively when appropriate to do so, under the direction of management.
Partnership working is essential and as a service, we endorse this model, so you will need to build good relationships with other services and agencies and work with them, where appropriate, in a child-centred approach.
In your AYSE year, we offer a robust package of support which includes;
- An induction plan
- A training package that includes both mandatory training and specifically designed training to start you social work career
- One-to-one group supervision
- Bespoke workshops to provide you with the basic skills to start your practice
- Support and advice from the ASYE co-ordinator
- Self-directed learning
- Extensive shadowing of other social workers
- A tour of the local area with resources and guides to help you
- A 10% reduction in caseload, equivalent to that of an experienced social worker
What we are offering
Our commitment to you is;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies, and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to driving the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme, and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
To discuss this post please contact Sasha Midgley, Advanced Practitioner on 01472 325237
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.