Purpose of the role
Overall purpose of the post is to provide clerical & administrative support to the school. The post holder will be responsible for Administrative duties, including tasks associated with Attendance, and receptionist duties – promoting a welcoming environment; promoting and supporting effective communication with school and parents, promoting and supporting effective day-to-day organisation within school
- Deal with general enquiries either by telephone or face to face and sign in visitors.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail and post outgoing mail and assist with monitoring the academy’s email address.
- Provide administrative support including word processing and IT based tasks including knowledge of various ICT packages and the operation of office equipment.
- Process forms and returns including those to outside agencies.
- Will be the first point of contact for sick pupils and liaise with parents/carers/staff.
- Report on absences and update SIMS registers.
- Liaise with class teachers to check on pupil absences and to verify information.
- To ensure all registers are completed and no missing marks/absences remain.
- Liaise with the Welfare and Pastoral lead regarding attendance/absence.
- May handle cash or cash equivalents such as dinner monies, school visits.
Systems, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of and adherence to school administrative systems, policies and procedures.
- To follow attendance policy and send out appropriate letters when required.
- May demonstrate administrative duties to new or less experienced staff.
Building professional relationship
- Communicates with other school staff and teachers, senior leadership team, pupils, parents / carers, suppliers, visitors.
Record keeping and information management
- Maintain and updating of records and systems.
- Collate, maintain and update attendance data.
Problem solving and decision making
- Makes decisions about own administrative work. Decision-making is short term; more complex decisions are referred to senior staff.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge of SIMS databases is an asset
- Knowledge for implementing a range of administrative procedures, including IT packages and systems. Knowledge and skills equivalent to national qualifications level 3.
- IT and keyboard skills.
Physical demands and working conditions
- Normal physical effort with a mixture of sitting, walking and carrying minor loads.
- Work normally carried out in an office environment.
As a term of your employment you may reasonably be expected to perform duties of a similar or related nature to those outlined in the job description.
This job description will be reviewed and updated periodically in order to ensure that it relates to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. This procedure will be conducted by the Principal/Manager in consultation with the postholder. In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to the job description following consultation.
Fluency in English
The post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.