WHY WORK FOR NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE
- Strong management support from a leadership team committed to developing and driving excellence in practice across Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of our support and intervention
- Commitment to reducing the demand for Social Care and supporting families with the Early Help provision
- Excellent working relationships with Locality and Early Help Managers to deliver better services
- A commitment to your professional development with opportunities to access Management Development programmes and coaching or mentoring
- A commitment to regular, effective and reflective supervision
- A commitment to achieving low, manageable caseloads for Social Workers
- Extensive training in the ‘Signs of Safety’ operating model and Restorative Practice approaches
- A competitive salary with generous holiday entitlement, excellent terms and conditions and opportunities for flexible working
- Payment of HCPC fees and a range of other staff benefits
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- An excellent working environment in attractive, modern offices with a seafront location in a busy and vibrant east coast resort
WHO WE ARE
North East Lincolnshire Council’s Children’s Services are committed to achieving best outcomes for children, young people and families. We are looking for committed professionals who share our ambition and can bring something to the table to help us achieve it. We want people who genuinely care about the work we do and the people we serve and who want to achieve the best possible results for every child.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As Case Supervisor and first line manager, your focus will be on managing, guiding, developing and supervising a small team of dedicated Social Workers. You will lead those working directly with vulnerable children, young people and their families to make a sustainable difference to their lives, so should have a proven track record of keeping children at the centre of your practice.
Accountable for ensuring your team performs to the best of their ability, whilst demonstrating high levels of empathy and sensitivity when considering the needs of those reporting to you, you will monitor social work practices within your team through reflective supervision, observation and regular evidence based auditing and feedback.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Qualified Social Workers with at least four years post qualifying experience working with Children and Families
- HCPC Registered
- An understanding of the importance of good people management and experience of supporting, guiding and mentoring others successfully
- Excellent recording skills with an eye for detail
- Sound decision making ability (even when there are areas of uncertainty)
- Planning, time management and organisational skills to manage both your own workload and to support others to manage theirs
- Positive, confident, innovative and enthusiastic individuals, undaunted by change or challenge, who are invested in their own development and that of others.
- Someone who will ensure that the child’s voice is always heard and will ensure it is taken into account in every assessment, plan and decision that is made
This is an exciting time to join Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire. If you are interested in finding out more about our vision for the future, the jobs on offer or what we can offer you, then please contact one of our Team Managers, (Theresa Pegman or Jane Maloney) on 01472 325555.
Please note that interviews will be held on Monday 29th April 2019